- 06-Jan-2017 to 07-Apr-2017 (CST)
- Mankato, MN, USA
- Full Time
Full benefits package
Nuss Truck & Equipment has a opening for a Service Manager at our Mankato, MN location. This is a key management position and will be a member of the location's management team.
This position is responsible for running an efficient and profitable service department. The Service Manager operates the department efficiently, delivers excellent customer service and quality, controls costs, builds a loyal clientele, maintains good employee relationships, exceeds sales and profit objectives, and maintains service records.
- Meets and exceeds quality and service standards for all customers.
- Maintains a positive and encouraging workplace.
- Trains, motivates and monitors the performance of all service department staff.
- Directs and schedules the work assignments of all department employees; provides technical assistance as needed.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with customers.
- Meets or exceeds the Service Department profitability goals including absorption.
- Manages and controls costs.
- Addresses and resolves all customer complaints.
- Breaks down estimates into labor and parts before the job is started so that repair technicians are aware of time allowances.
- Controls the performance of the department using various tools and resources.
- Maintains reporting systems required by general management and the factory.
- Monitors repair order trends, such as number of repair orders completed, number of items per repair order, dollar sales per repair order, dollar sales per service advisor, etc.
- Ensures that customers' service files are up-to-date and are readily available for reference.
- Follows up on parts department orders to ensure parts availability.
Skills, Qualifications and Requirements of the Position
- 6+ years of Technician service experience in a diesel repair facility.
- 3 years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent conflict resolution skills.
- Some sales experience. Will be trained on the dealership's computer system.
- Ability to operate the department profitably within dealership guidelines.
- Professional personal appearance.
- Ability to supervise and lead others.
Join Our Team
Nuss Truck & Equipment offers a competitive benefits package. We offer medical insurance, health savings account, dental insurance, matching 401k, voluntary life insurance, educational assistance, employee assistance program, flexible spending accounts, long-term and short-term disability insurance, paid holidays, paid time off, and direct deposit.
To learn more about this exciting opportunity, please complete our online application at nussgrp.applicantpro.com or you may visit our website at nussgrp.com.
Nuss Truck & Equipment is one of the largest providers of equipment and truck products and services in the Midwest. Our award-winning sales and service teams offer a one-stop shop for truck, trailer, and construction equipment purchase, leasing, rental, and service needs. We have worked diligently with our team to expand our service area to include eight strategic locations in Rochester, Mankato, St. Cloud, Roseville, Burnsville, Duluth and East Bethel, Minnesota, and Eau Claire, Wisconsin. Many staff members at these sites have over 25 years of experience, which translates into knowledgeable and experienced customer care.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities and requirements.
Nuss Truck & Equipment is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.