- 21-Dec-2016 to 19-Feb-2017 (CST)
- Sauk Rapids, MN, USA
- Full Time
Full benefits package
Nuss Truck & Equipment is currently hiring for a Fleet Truck Technician in or near Morris, Minnesota.
Nuss Truck & Equipment is one of the largest providers of equipment and truck products and services in the Midwest. Our award-winning sales and service teams offer a one-stop shop for truck, trailer, and construction equipment purchase, leasing, rental, and service needs. We have eight strategic locations in Rochester, Mankato, St. Cloud, Roseville, Burnsville, Duluth, and East Bethel, Minnesota, and Eau Claire, Wisconsin. Many staff members at these sites have over 25 years of experience, which translates into knowledgeable and experienced customer care.
Nuss Truck & Equipment offers a competitive salary and benefits package. We offer medical insurance, health savings account, dental insurance, vision discounts, matching 401k, voluntary life insurance, educational assistance, employee assistance program, flexible spending accounts, long-term and short-term disability insurance, paid holidays, paid time off, and direct deposit. In addition, we offer an excellent hourly pay rate, paid training, clean shops, and we will match your current vacation/PTO hours if you join our team! Sign on Bonus of up to $6,000 available!
The primary responsibility of this Fleet Service Technician role is to maintain a truck fleet at a key Nuss account who has multiple locations in Western Minnesota. This is an excellent opportunity for a skilled Technician who has great technical and customer relations skills who can work independently and proactively. This customer has excellent facilities, clean shops and is a growing leader in their industry. This is a primarily a 1st shift position but may require additional hours depending on customer need. A terrific role for a skilled, mature individual.
You will be driving a late-model, full-service company Service truck.
You will usually be working in one of their local shops. Flexible schedule.
You will have the full support of the local Nuss Dealership: parts availability and delivery, technical support, training, and additional Field Technician support as needed.
You will be working in well-lit, heated and clean shops with minimal outside field work.
Plan on overnight stays of 1-2 times per quarter of a night or two; about 1.5 to 2 hours away.
- Provides excellent service for a fleet of trucks including all maintenance and repairs.
- Performs work as outlined on repair orders efficiently and accurately in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Communicates proactively with the customer and maintains excellent relationships at all levels.
- Takes the initiative to bring other needed work to the customer's attention.
- Represents Nuss in a professional manner at all times.
- Performs safety and maintenance checks.
- Follows all safety regulations and policies. Works safely.
- Follows federal, state and local regulations governing hazardous waste disposal.
- Proactively communicates job progress to service advisor and customer as needed.
- Completes service reports and other documentation as required by Nuss and/or customer.
- Attends factory sponsored training classes as required.
- Keeps abreast of and applies factory technical bulletins.
Skills, Qualifications and Requirements of the Position
Minimum: some coursework in Diesel Truck/Heavy Equipment or equivalent work experience. Preferred: two-year technical school degree in Diesel Truck/Heavy Equipment or equivalent experience.
Minimum: Two to three years of relevant diesel equipment repair. Preferred: Five to seven years or more of relevant diesel equipment repair.
- Excellent trouble-shooting ability with trucks and equipment.
- Fleet or dealership experience preferred.
- Excellent mechanical skills.
- Able to work independently.
- Excellent customer service skills; possess a pleasant demeanor.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to represent the company with professionalism, tact and diplomacy.
- Very good or better computer skills.
- Must have or be willing to acquire and maintain a valid CDL and Health Card in accordance with all applicable regulations.
- Must possess clean driving record.
- Welding experience would be helpful.
To learn more about this exciting opportunity, please complete our online application at nussgrp.applicantpro.com or you may visit our website at nussgrp.com.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities and requirements. Nuss Truck & Equipment is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.