- 11-Jul-2016 to 30-Jan-2017 (CST)
- Mankato, MN, USA
- Full Time
Full benefits package
Our business is growing and we are adding service personnel to our Mankato team of Truck Experts. We are looking for individuals that take pride in what they do to provide expert service to our customers.
As a Diesel Truck Technician, you will diagnose, adjust, repair, or overhaul trucks, buses, and all types of diesel engines. You will be working on brand names such as Volvo and Mack. This is a 2nd shift position.
- Repair and maintain diesel and gas engine vehicles according to factory specifications.
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, lubricating equipment and machinery.
- Inspect and repair brakes and wheel alignment.
- Disassemble and overhaul internal combustion engines, pumps, generators, transmissions, clutches, and differential units.
- Test drive trucks and buses.
- Follows all safety regulations and policies. Works safely.
- Follows federal, state and local regulations governing hazardous waste disposal.
- Performs work as outlined on repair orders efficiently and accurately in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Utilize testing equipment, precision instruments and gauges, hand tools, portable power tools, cranes and hoists as needed.
- Cleans tools, equipment, shop and service truck for acceptable appearance. Completes service reports and other documentation as required by Nuss and/or customer.
- Attends factory sponsored training classes as required.
Skills, Qualifications and Requirements of the Position
- Diesel truck vo-tech certification.
- Must have valid driver's license with a clear driving record.
- Able to stand and be physically active the majority of the work day.
- Requires lifting up to 70 pounds Excellent mechanical skills.
- Able to work independently.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to use a computer and calculator.
- Able to read and comprehend instructions in English.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in English with customers, vendors, and co-workers.
Join Our Team
Nuss Truck & Equipment offers a competitive benefits package. We offer medical insurance, health savings account, dental insurance, matching 401k, voluntary life insurance, educational assistance, employee assistance program, flexible spending accounts, long-term and short-term disability insurance, paid holidays, paid time off, and direct deposit. We will match your current vacation/PTO hours if you join our team! Sign on Bonus of up to $6,000 available!
To learn more about this exciting opportunity, please complete our online application at nussgrp.applicantpro.com or you may visit our website at nussgrp.com.
Nuss Truck & Equipment is one of the largest providers of equipment and truck products and services in the Midwest. Our award-winning sales and service teams offer a one-stop shop for truck, trailer, and construction equipment purchase, leasing, rental, and service needs. We have worked diligently with our team to expand our service area to include eight strategic locations in Rochester, Mankato, St. Cloud, Roseville, Burnsville, Duluth and East Bethel, Minnesota, and Eau Claire, Wisconsin. Many staff members at these sites have over 25 years of experience, which translates into knowledgeable and experienced customer care.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities and requirements.
Nuss Truck & Equipment is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.