- 06-Jan-2017 to 10-Mar-2017 (CST)
- Sauk Rapids, MN, USA
- Full Time
Full benefits package
Nuss Truck & Equipment is currently accepting applications for a 2nd shift working Foreman.
The Shop Foreman plans, organizes, leads and controls the flow of service work through the service department in a professional, timely manner while ensuring quality repairs at a fair cost to the customer. This is a 2nd shift position, Monday-Friday 2:30pm-11:00pm.
- Maintain contact with service customers on a timely basis and in a professional manner.
- Schedule shop work as efficiently as possible in accordance with dealership policy.
- Check job status as often as necessary, but at least twice each shift. Report to customer any change in time promised and notify him or her of any additional repairs that may be required.
- Open and close repair orders.
- Handle routine complaints and make adjustments for jobs that require one hour or less. Recommend adjustments greater than this to the Service Manager.
- Maintain Customer Satisfaction Index rating at least comparable to that of the manufacturer, zone or branch average.
- Maintain a dealership-prescribed standard for ''hours per customer repair order written.''
- Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations, such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes, OSHA right-to-know, etc.
- Ensure that all documents are accounted for.
- Accomplish the forecast that has been established by the general manager and service manager.
- Repair and maintain diesel and gas engine vehicles according to factory specifications.
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, lubricating equipment and machinery.
- Performs work as outlined on repair orders efficiently and accurately in accordance in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Inspect and repair brakes and wheel alignment.
- Utilize testing equipment, precision instruments and gauges, hand tools, portable power tools, cranes and hoists as needed.
- Disassemble and overhaul internal combustion engines, pumps, generators, transmissions, clutches, and differential units.
- Test drive trucks.
Skills, Qualifications and Requirements of the Position
- Diesel truck vo-tech certification or related experience (5+ years preferred)
- Must have valid driver's license with a clear driving record.
- Able to stand and be physically active the majority of the work day.
- Requires lifting up to 70 pounds.
- Excellent mechanical skills.
- Able to work independently.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to use a computer and calculator.
- Able to read and comprehend instructions in English.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in English with customers, vendors, and co-workers.
Join Our Team
Nuss Truck & Equipment offers a competitive benefits package. We offer medical insurance, health savings account, dental insurance, matching 401k, voluntary life insurance, educational assistance, employee assistance program, flexible spending accounts, long-term and short-term disability insurance, paid holidays, paid time off, and direct deposit. We will match your current vacation/PTO hours if you join our team! Sign on Bonus of up to $6,000 available!
To learn more about this exciting opportunity, please complete our online application at nussgrp.applicantpro.com or you may visit our website at nussgrp.com.
Nuss Truck & Equipment is one of the largest providers of equipment and truck products and services in the Midwest. Our award-winning sales and service teams offer a one-stop shop for truck, trailer, and construction equipment purchase, leasing, rental, and service needs. We have worked diligently with our team to expand our service area to include eight strategic locations in Rochester, Mankato, St. Cloud, Roseville, Burnsville, Duluth and East Bethel, Minnesota, and Eau Claire, Wisconsin. Many staff members at these sites have over 25 years of experience, which translates into knowledgeable and experienced customer care.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities and requirements.
Nuss Truck & Equipment is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.