- 10-Mar-2016 to 01-Mar-2017 (CST)
- Roseville, MN, USA
- Full Time
Full benefits package
Nuss Truck & Equipment is currently accepting applications for an Field Service/Equipment Technician.
The Equipment Technician will diagnose, repair or overhaul, and maintain heavy construction equipment. Equipment includes compactors, excavators, loaders, dozers, and other heavy construction equipment. This is a 1st shift position.
- Receives repair orders from Dispatch or Service Advisor.
- Performs work as outlined on repair orders efficiently and accurately in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Diagnoses other issues and repairs equipment.
- Performs safety and maintenance checks.
- Utilize testing equipment, precision instruments and gauges, hand tools, portable power tools, cranes and hoists as needed.
- Equipment Technician services and repairs fuel injection systems, exhaust systems, cooling systems, air conditioning systems, lubrication systems, engine control systems, major internal engine repairs or overhaul, installation and alignment of engines and machinery.
- Services and repairs drive trains, hydraulic transmissions, power take-offs, tracked vehicle suspensions and steering, vehicle brake systems, wheel-mounted vehicle suspension and steering.
- Tests repaired equipment for satisfactory performance including road tests.
- Follows all safety regulations and policies. Works safely.
- Follows federal, state and local regulations governing hazardous waste disposal.
- Proactively communicates job progress to service advisor and customer as needed.
- Equipment Technician communicates with Parts Department to obtain needed parts for repair.
- Completes service reports and other documentation as required by Nuss and/or customer.
- Attends factory sponsored training classes as required.
- Keeps abreast of and applies factory technical bulletins.
Skills, Qualifications and Requirements of the Position
Minimum: some coursework in Diesel/Heavy Equipment or equivalent work experience.
Preferred: two-year technical school degree in Diesel/Heavy Equipment or equivalent experience. Prefer heavy equipment dealership experience.
Must have at least five to seven years of diesel heavy equipment repair experience.
- Excellent trouble-shooting ability with heavy equipment.
- Solid knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, transmissions, electrical, fuel and other systems.
- Excellent mechanical skills.
- Able to work independently.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to represent the company with professionalism, tact and diplomacy.
- Good or better computer skills.
- Ability to work in fast paced, high stress environment.
- Must have and maintain a valid CDL and Health Card in accordance with all applicable regulations.
- Must possess clean driving record.
Join Our Team
Nuss Truck & Equipment offers a competitive benefits package. We offer medical insurance, health savings account, dental insurance, matching 401k, voluntary life insurance, educational assistance, employee assistance program, flexible spending accounts, long-term and short-term disability insurance, paid holidays, paid time off, and direct deposit. We will match your current vacation/PTO hours if you join our team! Sign on Bonus of up to $6,000 available!
To learn more about this exciting opportunity, please complete our online application at nussgrp.applicantpro.com or you may visit our website at nussgrp.com.
Nuss Truck & Equipment is one of the largest providers of equipment and truck products and services in the Midwest. Our award-winning sales and service teams offer a one-stop shop for truck, trailer, and construction equipment purchase, leasing, rental, and service needs. We have worked diligently with our team to expand our service area to include eight strategic locations in Rochester, Mankato, St. Cloud, Roseville, Burnsville, Duluth and East Bethel, Minnesota, and Eau Claire, Wisconsin. Many staff members at these sites have over 25 years of experience, which translates into knowledgeable and experienced customer care.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities and requirements.
Nuss Truck & Equipment is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.